Exit Public Meetings, Workshops & Livestreams
Exit meetings have 3 formats:
- Exit Public Meetings precede workshops and last around 30 minutes. These meetings address the legislative history & current political issues in the Assisted Suicide, Voluntary Assisted Dying & Voluntary Euthanasia debate. Public meetings are free and open to everyone.
- Exit Workshops are practical sessions based on The Peaceful Pill eHandbook. Workshops are focused on audience Questions & Answers (Q&A). Exit workshops are exclusively for Exit members over 50 years of age and the seriously ill. Workshops are free for Exit members, at fee for public.
- Exit Livestreams commenced in 2019 to provide an accessible way for folk around the world to benefit from Exit’s popular workshop program. Livestreams are held 3x a year (usually from Amsterdam NL). Each livestream lasts 2 hours and is focused on a particular topic. See below for further information. Livestreams are exclusively for Exit members and current PPeH subscribers who can log on from their home computers, laptops, tablets or phones. There is no charge for the livestreams.
Public Meeting Topics include:
- History of assisted suicide / voluntary euthanasia around the world
- The experience of Australia in 1996 to the Netherlands in 2019
- Exit Inventions: Deliverance Machine, Destiny & the new ‘Sarco’
- The ‘David Goodall’ & ‘Troy Thornton’ experiences in Switzerland
- Legal status quo – what you can & can’t do
Workshop topics are based upon The Peaceful Pill eHandbook & include:
- Suicide, voluntary assisted dying (VAD) & the law
- Exit’s Reliability – Peacefulness Test – how to critically analyze different options
- Hypoxic death & Nitrogen, ratings & legal issues
- Poisons, carbon monoxide, cyanide, detergents – risks, safety & legal issues
- The Lethal Salts – Aussie pig poison & the Dutch experiment
- All about drugs, myths, overdoses, prescription drugs, pain drugs
- The old fashioned barbiturates: sources, scams, testing, storage, legals
- The Swiss Services
- Recent Developments: Sarco euthanasia machine
- Living wills, death certificates, autopsies, wills & testamentary capacity, family counseling …
Attendance at Exit Workshops is reserved for those over 50 years & people who are seriously ill, or by special agreement. Workshops are free for Exit Members. PPeH subscribers attend 50% discount.
Workshops Dates – 2020
2.30 – 5.30pm, Friday 3 April
JSP Maurice Ravel Paris 12e
* This workshop will be conducted in English & French, with simultaneous translation into French.
1 – 4.00pm, Saturday 30 May
Dragon Hall, 17 Stukeley St, London WC2B 5LT
10am- 1pm, Saturday 6 June
11 – 4pm Monday, 13 July 2020
Rex Centre, Potts Point
12pm – 3pm Wednesday, 15 July 2020
Hunter Workers Club (Trades Hall)
Alice Springs, NT
9am – 12 noon Saturday, 18 July 2020
11am – 4pm Monday, 27 July 2020
Robina Community Centre
1pm – 4pm Wednesday 29 July 2020
Brisbane Square Library
12pm – 3pm @ Saturday, 1 Aug 2020
The J Upper Foyer
A second Australian workshop series will be held in December 2020 and will include the cities of Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart Canberra and Sydney.